Dustin Haisler is the assistant City Manager in Manor, Texas. In his article on GovFresh.com, he explains how he uses technology to:
- post information (town website,open data)
- collaborate (idea suggestion and brainstorming, discussion via social media)
- collect information from citizens(crime reporting, reporting of needed repairs)
- improve processes (publishing forms online)
- improve other areas (project management, operations management, record retention)
None of these things is revolutionary, but just a matter of someone taking the time to do the little boring things that can add up to big successes.